Pages

Friday, January 24, 2014

Rice with Seafood and Vegetables

Ciao Amici!
 
Last Sunday when I was at home cooking I took pictures thinking that maybe I would create a post and share it with you. I have to warn you that I'm not a chef and I do not like to follow exact measurements in recipes. I like to be creative, feel free, mix ingredients and so on. You can also get creative with the list that I will provide for you.

You will need: onions, red peppers, celery, garlic, sweet peas, sweet corn, green beans, green olives, olive oil, salt, black pepper, curry, coriander, sea food mix, rice, and some all purpose seasoning of your choice.

To start preparing your recipe put enough olive oil in a pan (choose a pan in which you can cook rice). While the oil gets hot, cut the onions, red peppers, garlic and celery in small pieces. Once the oil is hot add these ingredients and stir fry.
Make sure you have your sea food mixture ready and add it to the pan after about five minutes of frying your ingredients. Let it fry for two more minutes. 
 
The next step will be to add the sweet corn, peas, green beans, olives, salt, black pepper, all purpose seasoning and curry. Be careful with the salt! Fry for about two minutes.
Add as much rice as you need to the rest of the ingredients. Fry for a couple of minutes and make sure it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan. The next step will be to add boiling water. The amount of water depends on the amount of rice you decide to use. I put enough to cover the rice. After this, you need to check if you need more salt, pepper or seasoning. Once you are comfortable with the taste, cover the pot with a lid and cook on low to medium heat for 15 minutes or until the rice is tender.
When is time to serve, chop some coriander and sprinkle it on top. Your rice should look something like this:
 I hope you have fun making this recipe!! Remember, you can get as creative as you want, it is your kitchen! Thanks for visiting my blog and feel free to comment or make suggestions :)


No comments:

Post a Comment